Saturday, January 25, 2014

A RETURN

 PRISMACOLOR MARKERS
WATER COLOR

I'm not sure what sparked it, however, recently I've been re-inspired to illustrate again. I haven't tried my hand at that in at least a good two years I'm sure of it. I'm nervous. I'm rusty, have probably forgotten how things flow and I'm not sure how to pick up where I left off in terms of style development. What I do know though, in retrospect is where some improvement can be made looking at my old work. Areas that could've been tighter, where I could've been more patient and thorough, and even tweaks in stylizing. That is what makes me confident I can do this illustration thing again (with a little work and brushing up granted) and be even better than before.
Thinking to myself my number one goal is developing my own style. I want my struggle areas to become more stylized so that they look purposeful and give character. This, I think, is possibly the best way to embrace myself as an artist, working with my strengths and weaknesses to mold my style.


INK, PRISMACOLOR MARKERS


No comments :

Post a Comment